Towers and Passenger Trains

Fri Sep 20 18:05:11 EDT 2013

I have noted that in one situation, towers reported the time of passage of passenger trains. On the night of the 611 wreck (January 22, 1956) the 611 and her train was noted as passing Tug Tower at 11:50 PM and
Iaeger Tower at 12:15 AM. This was noted as the train was said to be late at both locations, 25 minutes late at Tug Tower and 24 minutes late at Iaeger Tower. I suppose that the testimony of the tower operators was required in this case for tracking the train's progress before the wreck. Any comment on this subject is welcome.
Lois J.Ponton
N&W steam historian

Sent from my Galaxy S®III