Whyte; Mollies; etc.

Mon Sep 23 19:40:54 EDT 2013

Well, thank you guys for all the responses. I'll try to answer some of
your questions and comments.

1)Harold (Harold D, is that you?? Coming to TF?)thanks for the corrections
on the T-1 total. I should have known better.
2)Bruce: the triplexes (triplices?)are on the list. I just didn't call
them anything. (of course, VGN men apparently had some names for the 700,
but....)
3)I can add Forney's; the argument makes sense. Not sure what other tank
engines should be added.
4)Dick; thanks for the tip. I hadn't looked at his list in years. There
appears to be more on there than last time. I noticed that he lists
"Lionel" for the 2-6-4. I hadn't seen anybody else use that before I did
in an earlier edition of this list. I wonder....it was one of Lionel's
most popular wheel arrangements. FYI, there is an Austrian 2-6-4, and Roco
did a model, that is really nice looking IMHO.
5)the SP cab-forwards are a dilemma for me. I'm aware of the
classifications, but I've never seen them called anything but their class
names or "Cab Forwards" [the AC-9 being the exception, of course].
6)Roger, for various reasons having to do with the area I'm modeling you
can't imagine my embarassment at having forgotten "Potomac" for the WM
4-8-4's. Thank you. The RF&P 4-8-4's; an interesting point.
7)The omission of the Jawn and the Chessie turbines was on purpose. Why I
didn't include them but did include the PRR S-2 is only personal
preference, and can be better discussed over beverages at a West Virginia
State Park or an NWHS or COHS convention.
8)Thanks for the info about "Centrals" and "Angus". I really want this to
be as complete as possible.

Appreciate all the help, guys. Feel free to continue.

Frank Bongiovanni