Roanoke Junction

Tue Oct 15 14:50:56 EDT 2013

Mr. Link is a friend and co-worker of mine, so I forwarded him this
message. Below is his response:
"I didn't create the map, I added the color, labels, and instructions.
The reason I put COLOR document was because I saw trainees
photocopying the maps & they really don't do as much good if they're not
in color. I should probably revise that "notice" on the maps, as I
don't take credit for the actual drawings, but for the coloring and
labeling of some stuff. The one map toward the rear of the document
showing 672, 510, & WB, yeah I did that on the computer, it's not in the
same style as the old maps. Obviously, these will soon be out of date
with the new track & signal work going on downtown.

The maps were given to me by Tommy Duncan years before I started working
on the railroad. As to "old eastbound main" I'm sure you and others in
the group have responded by now, but that used to be the eastbound main
through the yard. Pocahontas Glory (the Roanoke volume) shows trains
screaming through the yard on that track; I assume it was signaled all
the way through back then."

Ken Rickman

--
Kenneth Rickman