Meanwhile back on the Peavine. . .

Wed Oct 30 07:49:59 EDT 2013

The signal at Seaman is for westbound trains; Seaman is on the tough part of Irvington Hill just west of the reverse curves of “Sally’s Backbone”. The restricting is obviously intended to keep a westbound from having to stop and proceed on the hill.

Evidently the sidings at Mount Zion have been removed, since this signal cannot display an “approach medium” indication which it could when the siding was present. It can display an “advance approach”, however.

EdKing