Bob's presentation 'O Winston Link and the N&W Railway'

Tue Dec 3 07:14:14 EST 2013

God love you Bob! If only I could get to the UK for the great weather in
December [image: Emoji] and a pint or two at the King's Arms (typical
name?). A number of years back in Scotland (you know, that wild and wooly
place north of Hadrian's Wall, I took a journey on the Aviemore and
Speyside (?) Railway and stayed at a B&B in Aviemore. Just like a vision
out of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I'll find the photos somewhere and post
them.

And of course the Railway Museum in York is one of the world's greatest.
We took the Flying Scotsman to Edinburgh (first class, natch) and drove
through Scotland and then the Royal Scot from Glasgow to London.

One of the best trips ever - Harry Potter and Platform 9 1/2 excluded.

PS - correct my memory if I've forgotten - it was 20+ years ago!

*Ed Svitil*
*Norfolk & Western Railway*