Arthur

Sun Jan 5 11:30:08 EST 2014

As another Army retiree, I agree with what you postulate. No point in making extra work for your side when you may need the tunnel! Another consideration might be that tunnels provided probably the shortest way for infantry and other light forces to get from point A to point B,even after the railroad was not usable.

JB