What's in a name?

Thu Jan 16 17:52:28 EST 2014

Controlled signals were designated by their control lever number on the TC
panel, but train crews and operators/dispatchers referred to both
controlled and automatic signals by location name. Also used were street
names, track names and that of other railroad features--whatever became
commonly used over time, although I'm not aware of an official list of
signal names until later with NS.

Grant Carpenter