Caretta Branch - Abandoned Signal

Mon Mar 3 16:54:31 EST 2014

There would be no need for an advance approach signal being as there is
not a short block between the junction signal and the next signal. You
would only get a clear, approach, or stop at the home signal. So if the
home was at clear or approach you would get a clear at this signal in
question. If the home signal was stop, you would get a restricting or
stop and proceed. This was probably due to a short block between this
signal and the home signal, it is also possibly arranged in this way due
to the crossing with in sight of this signal that would indeed be
blocked if a train was stopped at the home signal. This way a train
would know to hold off the crossing.

Nathan Simmons
trainman51 at gmail.com
http://www.t-51.org