N&W abandoned a-tank in WV

Thu Mar 20 08:24:48 EDT 2014

It is located on North Fork Branch on the road paralleling the former Bear
wallow Spur that went to Indian Ridge Coal & Coke. It is half way up the
hillside on the right hand side of the road behind the existing houses. You
would never see it in the summer and can barely see it in the fall. I
believe I parked near a pump house when I took the two attached photos.

The two photos give you some idea of what you are looking for and where it
is on the hillside in relation to the row of houses.

Alex Schust

Moderator: