Roanoke Junction

Mon Apr 7 12:45:02 EDT 2014

The signals are being donated to the VMT and some will be used as a fund
raiser.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA

In a message dated 4/7/2014 10:48:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Ron wrote:

> Norfolk Southern switched off the old color position lights (CPLs) and

> turned on the new signals. CPLs were coming down with amazing speed.

Thanks for the excellent but sad coverage. Whither the CPLs that have
been removed? Cycle Systems? Doled out to museums? Up for auction?
Left to rust under the 10th St. bridge?

Is there anything left in Randolph Street tower or is it just a large
brick relay box these days?

As to Amtrak -- are the "station" and siding going to replace the Rail
Walk, around that green-roofed shelter? I know the city is on the hook
to rebuild the culvert under the street through there, but will the
switch be stubbed in now as part of this work, or is that a "we'll do
that when the time comes" project?

Bruce in Blacksburg