1. Last Steam Days on the Arrow (NW Mailing List)

Mon Apr 7 19:21:40 EDT 2014

Gregg: The leased ACL and RF&P units were the ones that replaced steam on the Arrow, and that happened (at least in Roanoke) on July 18, 1958. So the "last run" of steam there was July 17.

Jim Nichols

Sent: Monday, April 7, 2014 2:08 PM
Subject: 1. Last Steam Days on the Arrow (NW Mailing List)

 1. Last Steam Days on the Arrow (NW Mailing List)

I guess my question refers to the last use of steam on the Arrow, before
dieselization....That is before the leased units from RF&P and ACL were used.
I realize there were a few instances after that time where J's were used on the Peavine
for specials, like Troop trains.  What I am looking for is the somewhat "Official" last run
date before the dieselization in 1958.
Greg