1. Re: Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping

Tue Apr 8 09:27:51 EDT 2014

> 1. Re: Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping

Larry, Good to hear from you. Remember standing next to each other at
Roderfield Tunnel in Oct 1982 for the 611?
I recently got my movies transfered and that shot was there along with
my Pentax 6x7. As I recall your shot was in Railfan.
Anyway, hard to know which Pacific we have on the film. As I remember
there was something different looking about each
one of those engines (578 and 563). The film we have also has a few
scenes of 578 in steam at Ohio Railway Museum.

Jim...if what you say is true about 578 being donated to ORM in
February, then our shot is likely 563, but that conflicts with Larry's
info. Or, the guy shooting the film is off by a month, and the dead
engine we see could be 578 in February, not January. Of course
it would have made more sense to haul it on the Portsmouth-Columbus
Line direct, then up the old Pennsy to Worthington.

Greg