1. Re: Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping (NW Mailing List)

Tue Apr 8 15:33:40 EDT 2014

578 was delivered with all of its "N&W" stuff intact. That was the deal.
Gary Rolih Cincinnati

Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:22 AM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: 1. Re: Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping (NW Mailing
List)

Guys,

Regarding the 500 series either 563 or 578, I wonder if all the lettering
and numbers would still be on 578

if she were going to be sent to ORM? Some of the engines we see in the
clips have numbers chalked on the sides

or the tenders, but no plates, and all the numbers and lettering are painted
black over them. A couple of headlights remained

and you could see the number plate such as on 260 for example.

I wonder if someone knows how the 578 looked when it left for the ORM?

Greg

1. Re: Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping (NW Mailing List)

---