Subject: Re: 500 Series Pacific's scrapping

Wed Apr 9 09:07:15 EDT 2014

Guys,
Looks like the 500 series was 563, so the book that had it being
scrapped in Roanoke is incorrect, it was Cincinnati.
The key here was the running board, and the fact there was a shot of
578 at the ORM in the 60's to compare the two.
It was hard seeing the ladder, or step on the engine going through
Batavia cause it was somewhat dark. But the running board was straight
unlike the 578. So, mystery solved. I figured those two engines were
the last two at the end, cause we saw them in 57 out of Bluefield(Rode
the trip).
Will have more stumpers as I go through the films in details. Thanks
for the help.
Greg Scholl