Class J Mechanical Engineer Names

Thu Apr 10 17:13:09 EDT 2014

Noel was an N&W man; IFIR he worked in the passenger car dept and was known to have an artistic bent. I believe there is more about him in Bud Jeffries’ GIANT OF STEAM book. I think there were also some sketches that were rejected on the way to the J design. These appear on pages 240-241 of the revised edition of GIANT OF STEAM.

EdK