St. Louis MOT engine trade/loan

Sun Jun 1 08:56:13 EDT 2014

Actually, the steam program did make money. The profit ratio was actually
very good. After the derailment in Lynchburg, Virginia the Board of
Directors put it to a vote and canceled the program. It was the fear of
litigation, not cost, that made that decision.

Thanks,

Richard D. Shell
Troutville, VA

In a message dated 6/1/2014 8:48:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

On  5/31/2014 2:26 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> OK I am dreaming....but what  if NS stepped up its game and restored
> it...Big Boy and the Y....I  will dream about this on my Verde Railroad
> excursion  today!
>
> What happened to the N'S steam program  anyhow?

It was a huge loss of money with no appreciable return, and as  soon as
the CEO who wanted it retired, it was scrapped.  Pretty much  what I
expect to see happen the day Wick Moorman retires, which is why I  do not
have very high hopes for the future of 611 as anything more than a
museum display.

--
Kenneth Rickman
Salisbury, NC

One  thing about trains: It doesn't matter where they're going.  What
matters  is deciding to get on.

---
This email is free from viruses and  malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is  active.

To  change your subscription go  to
Browse the  NW-Mailing-List archives  at