Late 40's re-alignment on Elkhorn grade

Sat Jul 12 12:38:57 EDT 2014

Jim,

The Elkhorn Tunnel to Lick Branch track chart was the January 1, 1956 revision.

Alex Schust

Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:46 AM
To: NW Mailing List
Subject: RE: Late 40's re-alignment on Elkhorn grade

Jim,

I have attached a piece of a coal company map of the power plant at Switchback circa 1914. I don’t have a clear map of where the switchback actually started, but it was some distance west of the power plant. The only comment I can make on your drawing is the siding near the power plant went in the opposite direction. My assumption would be the siding was put in when the N&W was working on the realignment between Lick Branch and Cooper(s).

Alex Schust

Moderator: