Directions on the Tug Fork Branch

Fri Sep 26 16:06:06 EDT 2014

  Jimmy:
  How did you find out about the timetable number reverting
to "1" after the issue of a new rule book ?  I'd never have
known that had it not been for Henry Nase, Manager of
Operating Rules.   To my knowledge, the timetable numbering
system doesn't appear anywhere in timetables or operating
rules.

Here's another piece of timetable trivia -- the pre-1964 N&W
timetables ( those with the tan cover ) had either white pages
or yellow pages.  Why ? Because without "getting up close
and personal", a supervisor could tell if the employee had
a copy of the current timetable in his possession merely by
looking at the color of the contents.
                                                          Harry Bundy