Coopers, WV - Derailment Photo

Sun Oct 5 11:01:12 EDT 2014

A catenary insulator visible in the upper center of the photo indicates that the derailment was subsequent to the Pocahontas Division electrification of about 1915.

Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 9:03 AM
  Subject: Re: Coopers, WV - Derailment Photo

  Jeff

  Not enough info in the photos.

  Class B Loco. No. 68 was involved in some type of head end collision On March 29, 1902.  Don't think this is the one by the trees and clothing the children were wearing.

  The only other one that I have a record was on Aug. 24, 1900.  A couple of Class G Locomotives Nos. 240 and 297 were involved in some type of head end at Cooper Station.  Nothing to indicate this was a head end from the photo but the season seems to make it a possible candidate.

  Jim Blackstock