The Future ?

Mon Oct 13 22:16:01 EDT 2014

Marty,
     I will have to respectfully disagree with your interpretation. I
feel that it has been made very clear in the "Vision Statement" that the
powers that be have decided that "Central Appalachia" takes precedence
over the rest of the N&W system.//May I remind you, and others, that if
it wasn't for the SVRR many of the towns throughout the Shenandoah
Valley, would never have been and that includes the great City of
Roanoke. Again, what of other cities and towns along the right of way
outside of "Central Appalachia"?

*I submit to the members of the N&W HS that the current "Vision
Statement" be changed to read something more along the lines of:*
/
"Over the next 20 years we intend to implement the steps necessary to
establish and maintain the Society and its //
//Archives as the recognized, authoritative sources for information
about the history and operations of the N&W //
//and VGN railways //and their respective places/_**__*/in the
development of the regions along their "Right of Way"/*_///and in the //
//development of rail transport in general. As our resources permit, we
intend to put in place up-to-date, proven //
//research technologies to make our collections available to the wider
history and research communities."

/Take care,
Jimmy Lisle