Future vision of N&W/VGNHS

Sun Oct 19 20:11:40 EDT 2014

My thought on the N&W/VGN vision is that it should include all regions the two railroads served.
The far reaches of both railroads kept many a town and peoples busy and employed.

My interest in the N&W started in October 1989, not in Virginia or West Virginia, but in Ohio. I was a member from 1996 until this year, when I let my membership expire. I still have a great interest in the N&W, but I felt like the bastard child no one wants to talk about, being outside the Virginia's.

The society has the best archives and magazine going. I hope they make it more easily accessible to the members first, then those that have interest in the two roads.

There has been plenty going on with the closing of the Cincinnati District in 2003, and then NS shutting down everything from Williamsburg east in 2014.

A new company is trying to revitalize the business on the Pea Vine, but NS keeps there head up where ever it is.
Sell it and move on, PLEASE!!!

There are a lot of people that would like to see more of the railroads in their regions, and learn what impact the roads had in the state or small area they live in.

Perhaps one day I may rejoin the society, after they expand there vision beyond the Virginia, West Virginia state lines.
Thank you for your time.
Jeff Wood