CLass A #1206

Wed Oct 29 11:44:29 EDT 2014

Jeff

I was not degrading your image. If you watch ebay, you will see, over time, many shots of 1206 at the Fair. Of course, "thousands" is simply a way to convey that I've seen many of them. They may seem to come and go in spurts on ebay, but It had a prominent position and was well lit, and was a common subject for a lot of folks. In addition, it was a real "foreign" engine to the NY area railfans, so lots of railfans shot it there. It was even depicted on the N&W Magazine and perhaps a fair brochure at some time when the fair opened.

I think I bought a negative at some point of it at the Fair, but have turned down many of them over time simply because of their overall same view.

Now, what I'd like to see is a photo of them towing over the Shenandoah Division as well, think that is out there? Might exist, but certainly never seen it. It is like photos of the N&W testing the Pennsy T-1, only ever seen two views of that.

Best
Ken