Bridge near Glenvar

Thu Nov 27 20:34:39 EST 2014

Trying to be helpful:  The name 'Singer' was used on a drawing or
painting which I have seen but do not own;
broadside view of the skewed truss with VGN train on bridge and N&W
train passing below.  Went up there
during one of my trips to Roanoke; took some close up photos and got
dimensions.  All girders are quite large,
as might be expected.  The through truss is skewed two panels (unusual)
and about 140 feet long; truss ends
are square, not tapered.  The single track is curved to the left (west
to east); so truss width is more than normal.
VGN electric power operated from here to Roanoke; the wire is gone but
evidence remains.  Bad news - have
not seen my notes and photos since we moved from NJ to MO 5 years ago.
Caution - all trackage and ROW
is NS property and was posted the last time I was there; including the
access road which climbs the hill..

Jerome Crosson, St. Peters MO