NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 115, Issue 12 Scanning standards

Wed Dec 10 10:36:41 EST 2014

Jeff,

We typically scan slides at 4800 dpi RGB with ICE for dust removal and un-enhanced (unless you are using a Nikon Cool Scan that has era-specific  Kodachrome color corrections built in).  That gives an author/layout person some space to zoom and crop for use in an article at 300 dpi.  One needs to print a 8 x 10 or 8.5 x 11 at 300 dpi.  Might want to ask Kevin EuDaly about what he needs.

Al Kresse