Virginian passenger trains/ 1954 N&W event

Wed Feb 4 04:35:28 EST 2015

Would someone please tell me what the Virginian passenger schedules
were in the mid-'50's? From what I've found, it looks like they cut
back from Charleston to Deepwater first and then dropped the Deepwater
to Roanoke schedule before running their last trains from Roanoke to
Norfolk on January 29, 1956.

I'd like to know the last dates for the Charleston service and the
Deepwater to Roanoke service.

I understand that they only operated trains 3 and 4 by the 1950's.

I have a nice shot of train 3 departing Princeton in 1954 which will
be the upcoming Pocahontas Glory Volume 8.

Also, is anyone aware of a railfan event on N&W at Roanoke in 1954
where the Jawn Henry was operated at Shaffer's Crossing and the fans
were allowed to go aboard? Also there was the last Y6b, no. 2200.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

-Jim Herron