Concrete Water Tank - Chesapeake

Fri Feb 6 22:15:37 EST 2015

Bud -

Thanks for the photo of the Radford tank.  When was this taken?

Jeff Hawkins

  Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 7:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Concrete Water Tank - Chesapeake

  Radford still has its concrete water tank which I have attached.  It could be the same design as those at Wilson and Yadkin.  I would have to research that but the one at Radford was a “standard” design of 200,000 gallons.  The lower portion had an access door and windows and this area housed the water treatment equipment to protect them from the elements.  The water in the upper portion allowed the water to be discharged by gravity.

  Bud Jeffries

  Moderator: