Concrete Water Tank

Wed Feb 11 23:18:05 EST 2015

Skip,

I don’t have the design drawing for accurate measurements but the Radford tank wall is about two feet thick on the lower portion.   It has a thick ceiling above the lower room which serves as the floor to the tank above.  The portion holding the water has to be about 38-40 feet tall to hold 200,000 gallons and the thickness of the wall for this portion could be less that than the two feet below.

My point is this: it was mentioned that the footer was only holding 800+ tons of water while the structure probably weighed at least double the weight of the water being held by it.  You can drop the word incidental but the weight of the structure was very significant.

Bud Jeffries