builders photos

Thu Feb 26 08:28:56 EST 2015

I saw an article many years ago about the company photographer at Lima. They had a particular place they used for builders photos and they would put huge panels behind the engines for the photos. I think they were canvas and plywood. The final detail work was done in the darkroom like Richard said. Sometimes they also painted the engines in a gray wash paint to help bring out details.
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works