Powhatan Arrow eBay Slide Record?

Wed Apr 22 14:24:31 EDT 2015

Mike,

Just to be clear about things. I don't think your high red image is of an original tail end observation car from the Powhatan Arrow.
First it seems to have a boxed end look and doesn't have the more tapered boat tail look of the original cars.
 In addition, I understood the original observation cars were sold to some potentate in the Middle East who eventually painted them white. The last anyone knew they were sitting in a desert somewhere. I think they were sold by N&W sometime in the late 1950's.

The image you have might be of an old piece of Illinois Central Equipment painted up to simulate the Arrow cars.
 If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Kevin Byrd
Chesterfield, VA

Sent from my iPhone