Headlight Question

Thu Apr 23 08:10:25 EDT 2015

Or a backup light from a S1 tender or light from a crane.

Occasionally, when locomotives came in the shop, they had a embossed metal tag with the engine number wired onto a part so that the same part would go back on the same locomotive, for example, 611 had parts off of, at least that I recall, 600, 604 and maybe one or two more. Parts were occasionally marked with those tags, but even that is no real assurance of correct association.

I have a pair of classification lamps that had a tag for 2163 I believe on them.

Ken Miller