whistles

Tue Jun 9 11:02:30 EDT 2015

Boiler pressure does have an effect on whistle tone. The J whistle used many years ago on the NKP 759 sounded different using it's 245-255psi boiler. Same with the whistle when used on the K-2 class engines.
I think having the 2156 whistle blown on the J for Soundtrax and some other folks to record is a good idea. Maybe Soundtrax could do the J whistle too as the one they sell as the J sucks!
Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works

 Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:40 AM
 Subject: Re: whistles

I get what you're saying, but there is no reason it would have to be 611.  Unless boiler pressure has an affect on whistle tone, any steam engine could be used to that purpose.  It wouldn't even have to be a railroad locomotive.  If they haven't tried something similar already, this would be an excellent way to provide new, accurate recordings for sound decoders.

Marty Flick