611

Thu Jun 11 22:52:40 EDT 2015

Bickering about the lettering on the cab has absolutely NOTHING to do with
whether or not it continues to run. It has NOTHING to do with its
mechanical  restoration. The museum knew it would cause some people to be very upset
about  it. While most foaming railfans don't care, true Norfolk and Western
historians  are seething.

My company cut the lettering for the locomotive and tender. I, along with
three other volunteers, made the trip to Spencer and spent the day lettering
the  tender. The locomotive wasn't ready for the 611 lettering yet but we
provided  that too. The cab lettering was added long after we left. While I
can't do  anything about it I have come to realize it is similar to an art
museum built  here in Roanoke. Many people hated it, and still do, but there
isn't anything we  can do about it. I'm just glad I am good at Photoshop.

Richard D. Shell

In a message dated 6/11/2015 2:35:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,