611

Tue Jun 16 18:54:56 EDT 2015

like we always say on the RYPN, enough money will get you there.
Plus the motivation and so on.
It is not impossible to remanufacture the needed parts, it can be done,
its just do you plan to make it run, have more trips with it, or would
you rather negotiate with St Louis to acquire the 2156 or come into an
operating agreement to restore 2156 because we have already seen 1218 in
action, lets get a differrent engine? What is more practical?
Rejacketing is not that big of an issue, it has to be done anyways if
your going to run the engine, it is better to get that abestos off (if
it hasnt already) if the engine sits in the weather and water gets in on
a cold engine it does not help with rust/freezing. It should be stored
on display without a jacket.
Thats something to check with 2156 now, does it have the original
jacketing or has it already been taken care of?

St Louis has another engine really I would love to see run, and thats a
NKP 4-6-4, that would be cool to me, but...well, this is a N&W forum....8-D

-Lynn-