Excursions

Tue Jun 23 20:47:54 EDT 2015

See below in red.  Others have provided similar  answers, so maybe this
gets them all in one place for you?

Dave Phelps

In a message dated 6/23/2015 3:47:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Could somebody tell me about the  excursions?  We are coming for July 4th
and I would like to know:
Where do we board? See
http://fireup611.org/ticket-policies-and-frequently-asked-questions-2/
Where do we park? See
http://fireup611.org/ticket-policies-and-frequently-asked-questions-2/
Are the seats assigned? Cars yes, seats no
Can we hear the locomotive and get  cinders in our hair? Probably not and
No,  respectively.
The return email when I bought  the tickets said that they would email us
48 hours in advance.  That  isn't enough time for people who are travelling
great distances.  I would  like to have my boarding passes in hand when I
leave home.  Bring your order confirmation receipt as backup.  When you get to
your  hotel, use their "business center" to access your e-mail and print out
your  boarding passes.  Alternatively, if you can receive e-mail on a
smartphone, just read it and write down your car sequence number (1, 2, 3,
etc.) and its Road Number.  Your car host(ess) has a list of people  assigned to
his/her car, and as like as not will only ask your name.   Second
alternative; there was a "check in" table in Lynchburg and there MAY be  one in
Roanoke.

I signed up for the afternoon  also.  Is that the Pelican and are we going
to Radford?  People keep  mentioning Walton...has it changed from Radford?
Yes and  "sort of".  Walton is where the wye is located; it's sort of a
"suburb"  of Radford.  For the purposes of that trip, consider the two
synonymous.
Mike Shockley
Peoria IL
As for the writing under the  cab window and dual headlights etc...I missed
everything totally in the 90's.  The can put wings on it now, I plan to
ride it  anyway!!!!!!!!!!

To  change your subscription go  to
Browse the  NW-Mailing-List archives  at