Old railroad picture found

Sun Jul 19 20:08:38 EDT 2015

Going through great grandmother's house we found an old picture of what
might be clean up of a train wreck.  The picture is moderately damaged
and some what hard to figure out, but we can tell the following.
  - It is by Davis photography of Roanoke
  - It is labeled "Near M.P. 14  W-S Div. Sept. 5th 1915"
  - In the forefront of the picture is a RR crane car on the track with
some other cares farther down the track
  - On the left side of the track is  a cliff with people standing on it
looking down at the track an a house set back from the cliff.  There are
also people on the other side of the track and on the track too.
  - The location appears to be in a "bottom"
Is this a common picture, Do you know what the event was? Looking for
some guidance on the picture's significance.
Thank you,
Bill Duff
wdduff at juno.com