N&W Caboose 518407

Wed Aug 5 19:01:15 EDT 2015

In 1989 The Shenandoah Valley RR Club, Harrisonburg, Va asked the N&W  if
they would donate a caboose to the club and they agreed. If memory serves me
correctly they had some cabs stored in Ohio and 518407 seemed to be the
best of  the lot. We received the 518407 by way of the C&W and they pushed it
onto a  private siding for us. We worked on restoration as time allowed and
hoped that  some day we could use it as a club car on excursions. As our club
grew older  many lost interest in rolling stock and the cab had become a
liability, in the  eyes of many. The B&B needed a buffer car, when they moved
tank cars,  and they were happy to receive it. It is in service on the B&B
and you  can see it often on their trains. To the best of my knowledge the
interior  is still in good shape and as received from the N&W.

                    Lynn  Hill

In a message dated 8/5/2015 4:49:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,