Stuart Saunders

Sun Aug 9 09:01:52 EDT 2015

There is a book called the Wreck of the Penn Central that may be the same author as the Trains magazine. (Joseph R. Daughen and Peter Binzen)   I have heard also that the scrapping of steam was a stock price booster due to the appearance of modernization and thus Wall Street attractiveness to finance the merger with the Virginian.  I believe this could be more of a concern to Saunders and more urgent than the trickle down impact on the PRR.Mike Shockley