Builders Plates

Thu Aug 13 16:40:09 EDT 2015

On 8/13/2015 4:34 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:
> I recently acquired a replica N&W 611 builders plate and would like to
> know the process to "finish" it.
>
> I'm assuming it is brass (?) Pictures attached.
>
> Do people typically polish the lettering and numbers and then paint
> the inside surface black?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I picked up a replica Y plate 30 years ago.  Sprayed it black and used a
sander with fine paper to remove the paint and polish the high areas.

Where did you get this plate??

Thanks
Bill

--
==  Scale Model Railroad Products  ==
== Manufacturer - Retailer - Importer ==

Bill and Diane Wade

B.T.S.
1782 Trinity Rd
Belington, WV  26250-7621

Phone: 304-823-3729
FAX: 304-823-2901
http://www.btsrr.com

We wish you Fair Winds and Following Seas.