Where is this 2?

Mon Sep 14 11:58:05 EDT 2015

Westbound at Ripplemeade.

The only thing that doesn't "fit" my memory is that I recall the door to the station being closer to the west end of the building.

Brakeman Kenny ("Little Bone Head") Shelton and I got a single GP-9 locked up in the main line crossover there (east of the station) one day, when we were new brakemen. Both switches were electrically locked. We had the engine in the crossover, and both main track switches normal, and neither electric lock would release. And we were close on No. 25's time. I think Conductor Dave Eastburn was pressed for sufficient suitable invectives in his vocabulary that day...

-- abram burnett