Coal Facilities at Eccles, Itmann and Tralee

Mon Sep 28 11:25:00 EDT 2015

I am currently planning a model railroad that is based on the Virginian between Clark's Gap and Harper, WV. I am planning on modeling the large processing and loading facilities at Tralee, Itmann, and Eccles, WV as they would have appeared during the early 1970s. Can anyone offer suggestions on where I might find dimensional data on the structures that existed at these locations? My understanding is that Eccles was operated by Winding Gulf Coals, Itmann was operated by Itmann Coal Co. (affiliated with Consolidation Coal?) and Tralee was operated by the Semet-Solvay Division of Allied Chemical during the early 1970s. I searched the internet for corporate history related to these companies and found archives for Consol Energy and Westmoreland Coal (affiliated with Eccles). However, I could not find specific information for the facilities I am interested in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ Gaus