Military Bases Served

Wed Oct 21 23:47:39 EDT 2015

I have no doubt that you saw N&W motive power delivering coal in the 60's.
To the best of my knowledge, the N&W tracks did not go to the Naval Base.
They stopped at Lamberts Point.  The Virginian tracks went closest to the
base at Sewall's Point, where their coal pier was located.  According to
Aubrey Wiley's book, the Virginian had a track that went into the base about
where the base's power plant was located.  Once the Virginian and N&W merged
in 1959, the N&W would have had access to the base over the Virginian
tracks.

Skip Sledge
Have a nice day - it is much better than a bad one!

I was on the NOB from 1963 to 1967 and remember seeing N&W delivering  coal
to the base. Alan Cox

In a message dated 10/21/2015 11:02:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,