We need to address shipping policy...Re: 611 Book

Mon Nov 2 20:54:12 EST 2015

In a message dated 11/2/2015 8:16:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

On 10/29/2015 4:39 PM, NW Mailing List  wrote:

In 2014 the  commissary had  a loss of $520 on shipping. Through Sept 2015
our loss  on shipping is $973.43 which is 1.79% of our gross sales. Our
objective is  to break even on shipping.
One of  the reasons we have a deficit on shipping is we lose on shipping
when we  have to send an order in multiple packages. While this doesn't apply
in  every case, it does apply in many cases. A second reason is we haven’t
raised shipping rates in 2015 even though there have been some increases
from the post office. We expect to see continual shipping losses as we send
items digitally with a minimum handling charge rather than a shipping rate
based on the commissary order  amount....Whatever we do, we don’t expect  any
changes in our postage pricing  policy.

I do not understand.   If  postage rates went up why are we not charging
the true cost of  shipping?  The last sentence: " We expect to see continual
shipping  losses as we send items digitally with a minimum handling charge
rather that a  shipping rate based on commissary order amount"  That does not
make sense  to me._ And why should general membership  subsidize  shipping?_
K. Borg

To  change your subscription go  to
Browse the  NW-Mailing-List archives  at