N&W and WM service agreements in Connellsville, PA?

Wed Dec 16 11:18:27 EST 2015

Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to address my friends questions regarding operations around Connellsville, PA. He sent me the questions and I have no familiarity to that area and era. If there is anyone else who would like to chime in with additional details like Harry has done please feel free to do so, I figure it will be a couple of days before I contact my friend with your contributions to his questions.
Thank you again for your time.

Steve Smith
Roanoke VA

 When replying, please edit the Subject line so it reflects the topic you are responding to.

 Also delete the non-pertinent parts of the digest when replying to a referenced post.

 Your fellow list subscribers will appreciate it.

 Today's Topics:

   1. Re: N&W and WM service agreements in Connellsville, PA?
      (NW Mailing List)

Steve:
A little more research about Connellsville which may come closer to answering your question --
The Pittsburgh Division track chart of 1987 shows that the
connection to the WM at Connellsville has been taken out of
service from Frick east.  Once the WM got sucked into the
Chessie System (1975 ?), the Alphabet Route ceased to exist and
parts of the WM were taken up, leaving the only interchange at
Connellsville with B&O.  But there was still traffic interchanged
to B&O.  Because Rook was home terminal for P&WV crews, and
only 57 miles from Connellsville, the engine may be parked while the
crew takes rest.  Paying to have a foreign road  service locomotives
could be expensive.                   Harry Bundy