M-2c Class Details

Sun Jan 17 11:45:40 EST 2016

Hi, Guys!
Can someone enlighten me as to some differences in the M-2c locomotives? The Sunset HO import has Baker valve gear, BL feedwater heater, single cylinder stoker motor and those odd cylinders with the port on the side between the piston and valve chambers. What was that for?
Which engines do these models represent. I haven't found a picture of the fireman's side of a Baker engine yet. Seems most M-2 engines had Walschaerts vg. I'd like to paint and letter them as specific engines with correct details.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,Roger HuberDeer Creek Locomotive Works