Fwd: signal apparatus

Fri Jan 29 14:58:24 EST 2016

Abram,

>From your message I now understand the 'odd' signals that are seen at the
21:04 - 21:24 time mark in N&W's film 'The Modern Coal Burning Steam
Locomotive' (see link below). I had always wondered why there were triple
arms on these signals. And you'll also notice the 'forth arm' that you made
reference to at the bottom of each mast. This is a beautiful signal bridge
and now it means more to me because I understand it's purpose. Does anyone
know its location? Thanks for telling us "how to build a clock"! I love it!

John Garner
Newport, VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TDgyTOjXwE&list=PLpQhyadbJjLQIhdNMmhNIyrLN_
FbDY2m2