N&W CW Tower at Columbus

Sun Feb 28 12:25:40 EST 2016

There was an earlier design, but the only picture I am immediately aware of is on page 161 of "The Pennsylvania Railroad In Columbus, Ohio" by Rick Tipton (which is also a great book on the history, interactions, and operations of all of the railroads in Columbus).  It is described on page 155 of that book as "The 1927 'CW' was housed in a two-story, frame tower, with tapered, shingled walls, an antique design unique to the N&W."

It appears to be a slightly enlarged variant of the design used at Graham:

http://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=17734

Marty Flick