Shovel helper

Thu Mar 24 10:53:51 EDT 2016

My grandpa did this type work for the old WV State Road Commission on Route US 52 near Welch. He used to talk about working on the cuts going toward Williamson back in the thirties.
Papa was one of those men that started working in the mines as a youngster. Thankfully, we have laws that now keep children from those jobs.

He was a miner, town policeman, steam shovel helper, farmer, warehouseman, railroader, husband, Dad, grandpa and friend.
We miss him.

Howard Leedy
Bluefield, WV