Turntables

Thu Mar 31 09:53:25 EDT 2016

Way back in 2002, I wanted information on the Lambert's Point
Turntable. I had photographed it in the late 50's and wanted to use
it for our RR.

I communicated with Jim Gillium and others, did lots of research, and
was lucky to find a set of prints for the identical American Bridge
Company 1913 Turntable used in an installation in Albuqueque, New
Mexico.

With those plans, and some modifications,  I was able to fabricate
two turntables for each end of the RR.  I wrote about it for the
March/April 2008 issue of Live Steam  and Outdoor Railroading Magazine.

If you want to see the actual work, it's on U-Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7Cou5zVi0

Ron Peisker