N&W 611 and other J Class Locomotive Cab Interiors

Fri Apr 8 06:40:39 EDT 2016

The chrome was done on all class J cabs beginning with 600 in October 1941. The chrome was renewed, of course, in 2015. It was also done with the streamlined K2/K2a.

Naturally, some things in 611's cab are different than as built, the seat boxes were replaced in 1982 with diesel seats, I think out of Southern E-8s, the brake stand was replaced with 26 brake for easier accessibility for parts, of course there was no radio in 1950, a number of gauges are different design or face, same purpose.

I believe that Trains showed the 600's cab interior from 1941 in the special 611 edition.

Ken Miller