M #382 at Bristol

Fri Jul 1 14:13:15 EDT 2016

I recall reading posts and seeing pictures that there was a third M-class that was used on the Abingdon branch on occasion as part of a triple header.  I seem to recall Ed mentioning that it did not go all the way to the end and back, perhaps due to a different tender that limited its range?  I also remember him saying something about an M with a valve gear issue that gave it problems (perhaps in reverse?).

Since the 433 is on display there, what was her role ?

Thanks (and a happy July 4th to everyone)!

Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer